First, please read pp.
1-9 of Bazerman’s book The Informed Writer, making sure that you read
carefully, look up any words that you are unfamiliar with, and take
notes. Then, please respond to Bazerman’s questions 1-3 in the WRITING
ASSIGNMENTS section on pp. 9-10. If you are looking for a brief overview
of READING STRATEGIES FOR COLLEGE, check out this link:
Once you have read both the Bazerman and the Rodgers, please respond to the following questions. You can respond to questions #1 and #2 either in LIST form or in paragraph form. Please write one or more paragraphs in response to questions #3 and #4:
1. What are the key points that Bazerman makes in his chapter?
2. What similarities do you see between the Bazerman chapter and the Rodgers eBook.
3. What differences do you see between the Bazerman and the Rodgers texts? Which is most helpful to you? Why?
4. What did you learn about writing from reading these texts?
5. Do you have any additional observations/comments about reading these texts or about what you know and/or have learned about writing in general?
6. After reading both, are there any terms or concepts that you are not understanding or that you have questions about?